Looking to join a golf league or start one? We have limited space available so please fill out our league form today and we will be back with you asap. If you're uncertain, check out our nine reasons to bring your league to Meridian Sun. We invite you to consider our Ladies Night Out League and our Couples Fun & Folly League below.
Ladies "Night Out" Scramble Learning League:
This league is for women who are ready to take to the course after some prior experience or instruction, such as our Ladies Night Out Clinics. It's your time to learn how to play golf for the fun of it in a low stress and low risk environment.
This program will give you the opportunity to meet and play golf with others in a friendly scramble format. Players are encouraged to help each other out, experiment and learn as a group. You may register individually or with a partner. No substitutes are needed if you have to miss a week. Range balls will be availble to hit starting at 5:30pm and play will begin at approximately 6pm. There are no scheduled starting times so please check in with the starter when you arrive. After the groups are formed the starter will inform everyone of the game for the night and send play off either the 1st or 10th tee. The starter will block several tee times after the final group begins to allow everyone to enjoy the round without feeling pressured.
The league is seperated into three 6 week sessions. You may sign up for one or more sessions with the cost of each sesson being $129.00. The session fee includes golf, power cart, warm up basket of range balls before you play and some small weekly prizes. Click here to register.
Couples Fun & Folly Scramble League:
Coed Teams play in a fun scramble formats. Teams will receive a scramble handicap and will compete for hole contest prizes, mystery games, and team prizes. Grab your spouse or significant other and join this night of fun, friendship and folly.
The league plays 16 weeks from May 4th thru August 24th. No league play on July 6th. League Fee is $336 per team and includes green fees, prizes and final night dinner party. Teams may walk or rent a power cart for $16 per week. League fees are due by May 1st. Click here to register.
- The golf format is a two player scramble format. Both players tee off, the team then selects the best shot and both players play their second shot from that position. This procedure is repeated until the ball is holed.
- Teams will receive a handicap after week one. The first night is just to set a handicap. Once the handicap is established teams will receive points based on their finish each week. League standings for the season. The league will conclude with a final night dinner and cocktails.
- If a team cannot play, they shall get a substitute couple to play in their place. Since you have all paid for the full season, there is no additional green fee for the substitute couple.
- We will have a hole contest each week. If you are the last group to start, please pick up the hole contest sign after you play the hole and return it to the bar with your scorecard. Prizes will be handed out the following week.
- Maximum Score is a triple bogey
- Turn your scorecards in at the bar when you are finished.