Do you want learn and play golf and make friends in a fun team setting? Join our PGA Junior League Golf Team! "2013 Dul Family Player Development Leadership Award" - presented by the Michigan Golf Course Owners Association
Welcome to award winning Junior Golf at Meridian Sun Golf Club. We believe that the future of golf is our youth, therefore we are excited to offer a wide variety of memberships and programs for current and future junior golfers in our community. Golf can only be learned by playing it and we strive to get our juniors on the course as often as possible. Many courses frown on getting kids on the course and offer programs only on the range or practice areas. Playing is an integral part of every one of our programs including the clinics for our youngest participants (ages 3-4).
We also encourage parents and grandparents to get their children on the course and give them the real golf experience as early as possible with proper safety precautions. Safety and etiquette are also a key component to our junior golf programs. We want every child to have fun learning in a safely supervised environment where they are taught to respect the game, their coaches, fellow golfers and last but not least, the golf course facility and staff. A comprehensive list of our summer programs are listed below along with our NEW Junior Club Membership. We also have full membership programs the provide unlimited golf all summer in our membership area. Click here for more membership information.
Meridian Sun Junior Club (ages 11-17)
Membership Fee: $60
Benefits of Becoming a Junior Club Member:
- Junior $5 Stand-by Rate
- Discounts on range balls - $3 small and $5 large buckets. Reg. Price is $5 & $8 respectively.
- 5% Off Clubs
- 10% Off Other Merchandise
- $30 Private Video Lessons (50% Off)
- Golf Association of Michigan Junior Membership
- USGA Handicap
- Entry Fee Paid for Junior Club Championship Tournament in August
- USGA Rules Book
- 25% Discount on Junior Golf Academy/Leagues/Camps
Junior Golfers, who belong to the junior club are eligible for our special $5 junior stand-by green fee rate seven days a week. The rate is only applicable for juniors who do not make a tee time. Juniors may put their name on a waiting list and will be called to the tee when an opening becomes available. This is strictly a stand-by rate and regular green fee customers have priority over juniors.
This program is designed to allow kids under 18 to have an opportunity to play golf at a very affordable rate. Parents are encouraged to play with their children but must realize that during busy times they may have to wait for an open tee time under this program. Regular junior rates are available Monday-Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.
Junior Golf Club Summer Programs - 2017
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOT OPEN - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Classes Scheduled and described below:
- Tee Fore Toddlers (ages 3-4)
- Tee Fore Toddlers (ages 5-6)
- Junior Golf Academy/League (ages 7-11)
- Junior Golf Academy/League (ages 11-17)
- Competitive Junior League - must be able to play and keep score his/her own for 9 holes.
- Junior Academy Camp
- Advance Junior Performance Camp
Tee Fore Toddlers Parent-Child Clinic (ages 3-4)
- Session One:
- Mondays, June 5th-26th; Time: 10:00 - 10:30am
- Mondays, June 5th-26th; Time: 11:00 - 11:30am
- Thursdays, June 8th-29th; Time: 6:00 - 6:30pm
- Thursdays, June 8th-29th; Time: 7:00 - 7:30pm
- Session Two:
- Mondays, July 10th-31st; Time: 10:00 - 10:30am
- Mondays, July 10th-31st; Time: 11:00 - 11:30am
- Thursdays, July 6th-27th; Time: 6:00 - 6:30pm
- Thursdays, July 6th-27th; Time: 7:00 - 7:30pm
- Instructor: Stephanie Wagemann, Professional Golf Instructor and former player and coach at the University of Illinois.
- Fee: $49 each session
Four week program designed to introduce the game of golf to toddlers. Parents or guardians are asked to assist during the classes. Student to teacher ratio is 4-1. Maximum 8 kids per class. With an emphasis on fun, toddlers will learn the basic concept of golf in a playful and safe setting. Equipment will be provided and class sizes will be limited.
Tee Fore Toddlers (ages 5-6)
- Session One:
- Mondays, June 5th - 26th; Time: 10:30 - 11:00am
- Mondays, June 5th - 26th; Time: 11:30am - 12:00pm
- Thursdays, June 8th - 29th; Time: 6:30 - 7:00pm
- Thursdays, June 8th - 29th; Time: 7:30 - 8:00pm
- Session Two:
- Mondays, July 10th - 31st; Time: 10:30 - 11:00am
- Mondays, July 10th - 31st; Time: 11:30 - 12:00pm
- Thursdays, July 6th - 27th; Time: 6:30 - 7:00pm
- Thursdays, July 6th - 27th; Time: 7:30 - 8:00pm
- Instructor: Stephanie Wagemann
- Fee $49 each session
Four week program designed to introduce the game of golf to toddlers. Student to teacher ratio is 4-1. Maximum 8 kids per class. With an emphasis on fun, toddlers will learn the basic concept of golf in a playful and safe setting. SNAG equipment will be provided and class sizes will be limited.
Meridian Sun Junior Golf Clincs & Play
These programs emphasize learning golf in a fun and energetic environment. Our goal is to provide safety as a key component of the program and all play and practice is supervised by qualified instructors. The progressive curriculum introduces golf while developing long-term athletic development.
Middle School/High School ages 11-17
- Fee: $149 (9 hole rain checks are issued for any days missed)
- Wednesdays, June 21st - August 9th (Eight Weeks): Rain Date for Fun Day is August 16th.
- Instruction and Practice: 8:30am - 10:00am
- Golf Play: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Weekly group instruction for boys and girls ages 11-16 on putting, short game and golf swing principles followed by supervised practice stations with skills challenges. Weekly golf events including scrambles, best balls and individual stroke play. The Meridian Sun coaching staff makes learning fun in a comfortable and safe environment. Etiquette is a key component of our program and students will learn how to cooperate with, encourage and respect the other players and the facility. Program fee includes a Meridian Sun Junior Golf T-shirt and the popular season ending FUN DAY with cookout and prizes for everyone!
Elementary School (ages 7-11)
- Fee: $149 (9 hole rain checks are issued for any days missed)
- Thursdays, June 22nd - August 10th (Eight Weeks) Rain Date for Fun Day is August 17th.
- Instruction, Practice and Play 8:30 - 11:30am
Weekly group instruction for boys and girls ages 7-11 will incorporate athletic skills, practice stations, learning games, and golf skills challenges along with weekly golf scrambles. Instruction will progress from putting to short game to full swing skills and advance from the practice range and short game facility to the golf course. The Meridian Sun coaching staff makes learning fun in a comfortable and safe environment. Etiquette is a key component of our program and students will learn how to cooperate with, encourage and respect other players and the facility. The program fee includes a Meridian Sun Junior Golf t-shirt and the popular season ending cookout with prizes for everyone!
Stroke Play League (ages 11-17)
- Fee: $108 ($50 Members) for the season or $15 per week
- Mondays, June 19th - August 7th
- Warm-up 9:00am
- T-times 9:30am - the kids will generally finish their play between 12:30 to 1:00pm.
Includes 9 holes of golf each week, range balls, supervised practice, awards, raffle prizes and season ending cookout. This program is for the juniors that is ready to play a stroke play format and keep his or her own score for nine holes. The focus of the program is to introduce juniors to both a team and individual competitive environment and to the help them better understand the rules of golf. The juniors will play individual stroke play, best balls, alternate shot, stroke play and match play. Juniors will learn the rules of each format and how to compete with and against other players both as an individual and with a team. Prizes will be awarded each week and statistics will be maintained. Season will conclude with a cookout after golf on August 7th.
Three Day Golf Camps
This three day program is designed to provide your child with the basics skills of golf. You can expect them to learn how to drive, chip, putt and pitch the ball as well as understand the basic rules, etiquette and strategy for playing golf. Our coaches pride themselves in creating a fun, safe, comfortable and energetic environment. We also use the most modern techniques, including fun learning games to help each camper get the most out of his/her three days. Student to Coach Ratio is 8 to 1.
After School Camps
- Spring - May 22nd - 24th
- Fall - September 12th - 14th
- Ages 7-14 (3-4:30pm)
- Fee - $79
- Summer Camps
- Camp I June 27th - 29th
- Camp II July 18th - 20th
- Ages 11-14 (12:00pm - 1:30pm)
- Ages 7-10 (2:00pm - 3:30pm)
- Fee - $119 (Summer camps include a Meridian Sun Junior Golf T-shirt and Pizza Party)
New! Meridian Sun Golf Academy - "Long Term Learning Program"
We are very excited to introduce you to new long term learning program for your child. A NEW Meridian Sun Golf Academy is being created and will use the Operation 36 Platform. The program details are still being developed so please stay tuned. We will update this site with registration informaiton soon. For general information about the Operation 36 platform please click here!
- The Coaches for the Golf Academy Program will be Bill Mory, PGA and Stephanie Wagemann.
- If you have any questions, please give Bill at call at 517-243-2631 or email him at email@example.com.
- More details coming soon!
PGA Junior League Golf! Register Now!
The 2017 season will be our fourth with PGA Junior League Golf. We have grown from one team of 12 in 2014 to two teams of 12 last year. Our goal is to have four team competing weekly right here at Meridian Sun along with competing in the Lansing Area PGA JLG league. PGA Junior League Golf at Meridian Sun is for boys and girls ages 7-13. This program is a safe, fun, educational and engaging team golf format. The players participate in two player scramble games in a match play format.
Our teams are sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Haslett* and provide our junniors with a combination of instruction, coaching and playing (games) opportunities. Our teams are coached by PGA Professional, Bill Mory and assisted by parent volunteers. The program is both introductory and competitive and welcomes juniors of all abilities. Weekly clinics and practices begin early May and team matches (games) run from June 1st through July 31st. Our coaches, teams and their parents have a great time and we look forward to having your son or daughter on one of our teams this year.
PGA Junior League Golf at Meridian Sun includes a kick off event, 5-6 games, 8-10 practice sessions and a season ending party. Team members also receive matching team jerseys and a PGA JLG bag tag. Juniors are awarded stickers for each point they win as well as for his or her improvement during the season. Team members receive a 50% discount on range baskets and green fees during the season. If you have any questions, please contact us at 517-339-8281 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Fee: $200, $75 is due at registration. All registration must be done at pgajlg.com. Deadline 6/4/17 To register click here.
*The Kiwanis Club of Haslett provides scholarships to those in need of financial assistance for PGA Junior League Golf. If you would like to a apply for a scholarship, please contact Bill Mory at 517-243-2631 for a confidential consultation.